LibreCrypt is a tool which will create encryption volumes/partitions on your system for free and without too much trouble. This tool used to be called DoxBox.
Instead of encrypting a whole drive, LibreCrypt can actually create encrypted volumes on your current hard drives. Once encrypted, the volume can act as if it were its own partition.
The reason for encrypting files and folders on your system can be many, but it's sometimes important to have a solution installed that can take advantage of advanced cyphers like Blockfish, FC6, CAST, DES and AES.
LibreCrypt supports all of these and can very easily create a safe place to store sensitive information. Though not the easiest program to learn to use, LibreCrypt is fast and effective at encrypting items on-the-fly.
For Windows 10 users, it's important to put Windows into "Test Mode" so that the drivers for LibreCrypt can be installed.
Overall, LibreCrypt is a very useful and effective application at keeping your data safe and encrypted.
Features and highlights
- Easy to use, with a âwizardâ for creating new containers
- Full transparent encryption, containers appear as removable disks in Windows Explorer
- Explorer mode lets you access containers when you donât have admin permissions
- Compatible with Linux encryption, Cryptoloop losetupdm-crypt and LUKS
- Supports smartcards and security tokens.
- Encrypted containers can be a file, a partition, or a whole disk.
- Opens legacy volumes created with FreeOTFE
LibreCrypt 6.2.5806.40706 Beta 0 on 32-bit and 64-bit PCs
This download is licensed as freeware for the Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system on a laptop or desktop PC from data encryption software without restrictions. LibreCrypt 6.2.5806.40706 Beta 0 is available to all software users as a free download for Windows.
- LibreCrypt Download
- Freeware Data Encryption Software
- Major release: LibreCrypt 6.2
- Disk Encryption Software